If you’re trying to maintain a healthy lifestyle, eating healthy foods is a critical component to that. As such, having the right tools in your kitchen can make healthy cooking much easier and more convenient. Here is a list of ten essential items you need to cook those healthy meals with as little trouble as possible.
1. Blender. A blender has multiple functions including pureeing vegetables for soups or making smoothies and other healthy drinks.
2. Food Scale. Keeping portion sizes under control is just as important as the types of foods you eat. A good food scale can be a real eye opener. Often when you think you are eating a healthy serving size, the food scale will show that you are not.
3. Hot Air Popcorn Popper. Popcorn is super healthy and low calorie when it is cooked without oil or butter. A hot air popcorn popper makes the perfect snack without all of the added chemicals and non-natural ingredients you find in microwave popcorn.
4. Nonstick Pans. These allow you to sauté without any added fat.
5. Salad Spinner. Dry your greens and reduce your intake of soggy salads.
6. Steamer. Steam those vegetables and preserve their vitamins and minerals without adding any fat.
7. Wok. A good wok made of tempered steel will require less fat after each use due to the makeup of the material.
8. Food Processor. Slice, dice, chop, and shred all of your vegetables with ease.
9. Polyethylene Cutting Board. Unlike wooden cutting boards, these will not hold onto bacteria. They are nonabsorbent and odorless and will not blunt knives or chip or crack.
10. Fish Poacher. A little extravagant maybe, but this piece of cookware keep fish moist without adding any fat. And fish is super healthy. Adding it to your diet at least 2 or 3 times a week is a good idea, so anything to make it easier to cook is a wise investment.
Source by Amy W. Cates