Bootstrap is one of the most popular digital (HTML, CSS and JS) frameworks used today. Because it makes front-end web development faster for any device and for projects of all sizes, many of the responsive mobile first applications you interact with daily were built on Bootstrap.
Join this tech talk to learn how to create a Bootstrap theme for Drupal 8. We’ll go through the process of creating a Bootstrap subtheme in Drupal 8, as well as how you can customize it to suit your site’s design.
The process will include:
– Structuring your sub-theme files
– Figuring out your mobile-first strategy
– Using Compass to compile CSS from SCSS
– Overriding Bootstrap variables & custom variables
– Twig template file customization
– Bootstrap options for Panels, Views, Display Suite