When it comes to 50mm lenses, you can spend anywhere from under $100 to well over $2,000, depending on the sort of performance, image quality, and maximum aperture you want. For Sony shooters looking for the best options, there is the FE 50mm f/1.2 GM, and this excellent video review takes a look at everything you can expect from it.
Coming to you from Christopher Frost, this great video review takes a look at the Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM lens. As part of Sony’s esteemed G Master series, the 50mm f/1.2 comes with a variety of premium features, including:
- Three XA (extreme aspherical) elements for reduced distortion and other aberrations and increased sharpness
- Nano AR Coating II for reduced flares and ghosting and increased contrast
- Floating focus mechanism for consistent sharpness throughout the lens’ focus range
- Rounded 11-blade diaphragm for extra-smooth bokeh
- Four XD Linear Motors for fast and quiet autofocus
- Maximum magnification of 0.17x
- Relatively small design: 3.4 x 4.4″ and weighing 1.7 lbs
- Two customizable focus hold buttons
- De-clickable aperture ring for video work
- Dust- and moisture-sealed construction
- Fluorine-coated front element
Altogether, the 50mm f/1.2 GM looks like quite the impressive option for Sony shooters. Check out the video above for Frost’s full thoughts on the lens.