Samsung recently announced a bevy of new smartphones, three of which should be highly interesting to photographers, with features like a 108-megapixel sensor, 8K video, water resistance, and more.
The Galaxy S20, S20+ and S20 Ultra were recently revealed, and they sound like the stuff of dreams for photographers looking to carry a capable phone in their pocket. While 108 megapixels on a phone certainly isn’t equivalent to the 102 megapixels in the GFX 100, it’s still quite impressive and could open up some fun creative possibilities for a lot of photographers.
Check out the specs:
- 1/1.33″ main camera sensor on S20 Ultra
- Up to 108-megapixel images on S20 Ultra (64 mp on S20 and S20+)
- Additional ultra-wide and telephoto cameras on all three models
- AI-based Super Resolution Zoom
- 10x Hybrid Optic Zoom (S20 Ultra)
- 8K video with still image extraction
- Ability to take simultaneous photos with all lenses
- 120 HZ AMOLED displays with 3,200 by 1,440 resolution and sizes ranging from 6.2 to 6.9 inches
- 40-megapixel front-facing camera on S20 Ultra (10 megapixels on S20 and S20+)
- 5G wireless
- In-screen fingerprint reader
Altogether, the phones look like remarkably capable machines that should be great pocket cameras for a lot of photographers and videographers. You can preorder the new phones here.
Original Source Link